JTIE 2017, 9(1):61-70 | 10.5507/jtie.2016.019
DISTANCE LEARNING OF COMPUTER SCIENCE
- Ostravská univerzita v Ostravě, Česká republika
The aim of this paper is to show the main differences between distance and full-time teaching computer science at the university. One of the options to compare quality full-time and distance study is to compare the level of success completion of the courses. For comparison were used rate statistics in selected courses for Bachelor’s and Master’s studies of Computer Science, and in several academic years of full-time and distance study. The author shows the basic problems and possible solutions for addressing them. Like other research method was to use a questionnaire, which is determined by the use of electronic materials online.
Keywords: distance learning, computer science, Learning Management System, Moodle, university.
Received: April 30, 2016; Accepted: July 1, 2016; Prepublished online: July 5, 2016; Published: February 1, 2017
- Cavanaugh, C., & Gillan, K. (2004). The Effects of Distance Education on K-12 Students Outcomes: A Meta-Analysis. Dostupné z: http://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/ED489533.pdf
- Fojtík, R. (2016). Distance Learning of Applied Informatics. DIVAI 2016, 11th International Scientific Conference on Distance Learning in Applied Informatics, Conference Proceedings. 297-306. Štúrovo, Slovensko.
- Hannay, M., & Newvine, T. (2006). Preception of Distance Learning: A Comparison of Online and Traditional Learning. Journal of Online Learning and Teaching. 2005. ISSN 1558-9528. Dostupné z: http://jolt.merlot.org/05011.htm
- Levy, Y. (2007). Comparing dropouts and persistence in e-learning courses, Computer & Education. Volume 48, Issue 2. Go to original source...
- Okaz, A. (2015). Integrating Blended Learning in Higher Education. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences. Volume 186.
- Paechter, M., & Maier, B. (2014). Online or face/to/face? Students' experiences and preferences in e/learning. Internet and Higher Education. Volume 2.
- Řehák, J., Brom, O. (2015). SPSS, Praktická analýza dat. Brno: Computer Press.
- Shachar, M., & Neumann, Y. (2003). Differences Between Traditional and Distance Education Academic Performances: A meta-analytic approach. International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning. Volume 4, Number 2.
- Švaříček, R, & Šeďová, K. (2007). Kvalitativní výzkum v pedagogických vědách. Praha: Portál.
- Van de Vord, R. (2010). Distance students and online research: Promoting information literacy through media literacy. The Internet and Higher Education. Volume 13, Issue 3. Go to original source...