JTIE 2010, 2(3):26-32 | 10.5507/jtie.2010.043
ANALYSIS OF THE CASE STUDIES VIDEO RECORDINGS
- 1 University of West Bohemia in Pilsen, Faculty of Education, Department of Technical, Education, Czech Republic
- 2 University of West Bohemia in Pilsen, Faculty of Arts, Department of Archaeology, Czech, Republic
Case study method of didactic situations is a modern procedure of effective development of professional abilities in future teachers. I have been using the method for many years in future teachers training in the field of preparation of subject methodologies. A case study does not develop only the subject and didactic competences of future teachers. The self-evaluation and self-reflection processes in students also play an important role. For this purpose the third - analytical - phase of the study is carried out. Two basic methods are used for a complex analysis - macro-analytic and micro- analytic. The macro-analytic method is used to examine the course and the results of the case study: suitability of the used methods, forms and tools; using communicative tools, creating proper climate etc. The micro-analytic method is used to find out changes in students personalities and causes of the outer demonstrations of the case study. One of the examined phenomena is e.g. flexibility and creativity in adjusting the pre-concept to the course of the realization phase of the study. The initial research of this area of case studies was carried out within the project no. 406/07/0109 (Nonverbal creativity in technical education).
Keywords: case study method, didactic situation, professional abilities, didactic competences macroanalytic method, micro-analytic method, creativity
Published: December 1, 2010
- MERSETH, K. K. The early history of casebased instruction: Insights for teacher education today. Journal of Teacher Education, 1991, 42(4), 243-249. EJ 438 532. Go to original source...
- HERRIED, C. F. What Makes a Good Case? [online]. Dostupné na http://ublib.buffalo.edu/libraries/projects/cases/teaching/good-case.html.
- PAULI, CH., REUSSER, K. Transkriptionsmanual für das Videoprojekt Mathematiklernen und und Mathematikleistungen in unterschiedlichen Unterrchtskulturen. Zürich: Universität Zürich, 2002.
- Miklošíková, M. Kreativita a učitelství odborných předmětů. Ostrava: Technická univerzita Ostrava, 2009. ISBN 978-80-2481952-5.