The editors and authors commit to the rules determined by the organisation COPE - Comittee on Publication Ethics (Standard for editors, Standard for authors). When publishing papers in the JTIE, all participants are obliged to follow these rules and duties:
Duties of the authors:
- All authors, whose manuscripts are included in the review process, are obliged to participate in this procedure without any exception; they have to take into account the comments of reviewers and to perform editorial work of their own manuscripts based on them. If there occur any questionable cases, they can turn to any member of the editorial board with their specific questions, or, to withdraw the manuscript from the review process at their own request, hence it will not be published.
- Only those members who contributed significantly to achievement of the submitted researching results may be included among the authors of the manuscript.
- The authors may not provide the manuscript to any other editorial staff to be published.
- Authors have to follow the rules of the formal editing (see Instructions for authors) when editing the manuscripts, and they have to follow the stated citation standards.
- By sending of the articles for the review, the authors do automatically declare that all data stated in their contribution are true and original. By submitting an article confirm authors that they have written a submitted article themselves. Authors confirm that they are holders of copyright and that they have not given an exclusive licence to a third party.
Duties of the editors:
- The editors are fully responsible for meeting the deadline, content of the journal and quality of the published articles.
- The editors are obliged to keep anonymity of the reviewers and authors during the whole review procedure.
- The editors ensure the application of non-discriminatory and objective approach to all submitted manuscripts, i.e.: they are obliged to stay out of the conflict of interest in the process of the decision making. In debatable cases, the head editor makes the decision, since they also works as a regular editor.
- The professional level and importance of the manuscript are main criteria in the manuscripts’ selection; furthermore also conformity of the topic with the professional focus of the journal. The editorial board is based on the opinions of the anonymous reviewers.
- In cooperation with the editorial board, the editor in chief solves the possible appeals of the authors against the comments from the review process and other complaints.
- Editors decide whether the manuscript will or will not be accepted to be published.
- Editors decide about the inclusion of accepted manuscripts into the individual journal issues.
Duties of the reviewers:
- The reviewers are elected anonymously and based on their expertise.
- The reviewers must report any conflict of interest immediately, and keep their objectivity.
- The reviewers must not misuse findings stated in the assessed manuscript for their own or for any other’s benefit.
- The reviewers are obliged to refuse the preparation of the review because of the conflict of professional interests.
Duties of the editorial board:
- The editorial board is appointed and removed by the Dean of the Faculty of Education of the Palacky University by the proposal of the editor in chief. It consists of significant figures of its field.
- The editorial board continually strives to increase the quality of the journal by their work. They apply principles i.a. the freedom of speech or the plurality of opinions.
- They set and discuss instructions concerning the whole editorial work (instructions for authors, instructions for the review process and reviewers, etc.)
- They supervise the observance of the abovementioned principles.