JTIE 2017, 9(1):205-212 | 10.5507/jtie.2017.013
OPPORTUNITIES OF MEDIA EDUCATION IN QUALIFICATION TRAINING FOR EDUCATORS
- Russian State University for Humanities, Russian Federation
The modern information society and global cooperation in the world are set new requirements for the role and competence of the educators at any level. One of the main focuses is developing of media competence. The conditions of existence in modern society are the life in the media space. The use of media in the system of educators' training allows creating media competence of educator at any level of education efficiently and effectively. The aim of the manuscript is to determine the possibilities of media education in a non-core area as an upgrade of the qualifications of teachers of any level.
Keywords: Professional training and development of educators, media education, media education’s tools and technologies, media competency.
Received: May 18, 2017; Accepted: July 12, 2017; Prepublished online: July 20, 2017; Published: February 1, 2017
- Vis Nadoo. Drivers for changes in higher education. Year 2014. - [electronic resource] https://www.col.org/news/speeches-presentations/drivers-change-higher-education
- The future of higher education: How technology will shape learning report from the Economist Intelligence Unit Sponsored by the New Media Consortium. Year 2008 - p.6 (Electronic assess) https://www.nmc.org/pdf/Future-of-Higher-Ed-(NMC).pdf
- Aiga von Hippel. Subjective concepts of media. The University of the Fraser Valley Research Review. Year 2010, volume 3: issue 2 (Spring). - pp. 69 - 80. ISSN 1715-9849
- Eva Ujlakyné Szücs. The role of educators in the 21st century. Revue internationale International Webjournal. Year 2010, N 9. ISSN 2104-3272
- Jennifer Tiede, Silke Grafe & Renee Hobbs. Pedagogical Media Competencies of Preservice Educators in Germany and the United States: A Comparative Analysis of Theory and Practice. - Peabody Journal of Education. Year 2015, N 90(4) - pp. 533-545 Go to original source...
- UNESCO ICT Competency Framework for teachers. Paris. UNESCO. Version 2.0. France. 2011, 2013, 2015. - 92 p. ISBN 978-92-3-01053-9
- Connolly S. Media Education: A Tool for Social Inclusion. In: Fraser P., Wardle J. (eds) Current Perspectives in Media Education. Palgrave Macmillan, London, 2013 - pp.41-54. DOI: 10.1057/9781137300218_4. ISBN 978-1-349-45305-4. ISBN 978-1-137-30021-8. Go to original source...
- Alice Y. L. Lee. Media education in the School 2.0 era: Teaching media literacy through laptop computers and iPads. Global Media and China. Volume: 1 issue: 4, 2016 - pp. 435-449. DOI: 10.1177/2059436416667129 Go to original source...
- Katie Larsen McClarty, Matthew N. Gaertner. Measuring Mastery. Best practices for assesment in competency-based education. Center for College & Career Success, Pearson. Year 2015. - p.20 (Electronic assess)https://www.luminafoundation.org/files/resources/measuring-mastery.pdf