JTIE 2013, 5(1):67-74 | 10.5507/jtie.2013.010
COMPUTER SCIENCE TASKS AND TOPICS AS A PART OF ICT CURRICULA IN THE EYES OF PUPILS AND TEACHERS
- Katedra informatiky, Pedagogická fakulta Jihočeské univerzity, Jeronýmova 10 371 15, České Budějovice, ČR
Last years, the trend of reintroducing into teaching of information and communication technology not only topics of digital literacy, but also topics from the basics of computer science is emerging in many countries. Czech national school documents disregards these topics and narrow it to digital literacy and handling with applications and information on the Internet. Consequently, Czech primary and secondary schools in global do not produce people prepared for studying IT subjects at the universities. One of projects how to introduce informatics tasks into schools is a Bebras contest, in Czech Bobřík informatiky. A research among participants of the contest has been realized. His research task was to answer questions how teachers and their students take in computer science problems, whether perceive contest tasks as informatical and which tasks are taken in as easy, difficult or inappropriate. The results show that neither students nor their teachers are not clear which problems are solved by computer science, they take informatics as a work with computer or software handling and mark pure informatical problems as non-informatical. Task in which reading and analyzing the code, understanding different representations and structures of information is necessary are very difficult for students. The questing is arising how well are future IT university studnets are prepared at schools.
Keywords: ICT education, computer science topics, informatics contest, Beaver of informatics
Published: April 1, 2013
- Kol. Rámcový vzdělávací program pro základní vzdělávání. Praha: VÚP, 2007.
- TUCKER, A. A Model Curriculum for K-12 Computer Science: Final Report of the ACM K-12 Task Force Curriculum Committee. New York: The Association for Computing Machinery, 2003.
- OECD. Evolution of student interest in science and technology studies. Paris: Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, Global Science Forum, 2006
- Computer Science as a school subject. Seizing the opportunity (online). Computing at School Working Group [cit. 2012-10-24] URL:
- BLAHO, A., SALANCI, Ľ. Informatics in Primary School: Principles and Experience. In Kalaš, I. and Mittermeid, R.T. (eds.) ISSEP 2011, s. 129-142, 2011
- DAGIENĖ, V. Sustaining Informatics Education by Contests. In Hromkovič, J., Královič, R. and Vahrenhold, J. (eds.) ISSEP 2010, s. 1 - 12, 2010
- Bebras, mezinárodní web informatické soutěže (online). [cit. 2013-01-13] URL:
- Bobřík informatiky, web soutěže (online). [cit. 2013-01-10] URL: